Italy

Italian Abbey Complex

price

Price Upon Consultation

schedule a showing

Property Description

Allerona | Building with 24 Residential Units

The buildings consist of 25 residential units with a floor area ranging from m. 50 (min.) Per square meter. 150 (max). The relevance of these services: restaurant and kitchen, conference room, common rooms (Relaxation), gym, spa, tavern bar / wine, having an area of ​​approx. 820 (around) and the pool is approx. 1080.

The dining room and conference facilities have been created in the old church. External services consist of a pool and lawn and gardens. Typical are the paths to the outside are made up of narrow streets and underpasses connections from the central square. Also the existing surrounding land. 4.5 (approx) And ‘possible to build an additional 2,000 cubic meters in extension.

History

The suburb originated from the conversion of the abbey complex established by the monastic order of the Guglielmites in the 11th century and then passed to the Benedictine order San Pietro was born as a monastic complex likely built on a preceding pagan sacred area.

The presence of the Abbey is mentioned around the year 1000. It was located at the south of the plots donated in 1038 by Earl Winildo to the Monastery of Saint Salvatore of Mount Amiata, on the boundary between the two Counties of Chiusi and Orvieto. In the 13th century the monks of Saint Peter’s belonged to the Order of Cistercians, established in the 11th Century with the spirit of returning to a monastic life consistent with the original character of the Benedictine rule, that had gradually lost the traits of austerity and manual work after the Council of Aquisgrana (year 817). The order originated in the Abbey of Cîteaux (in Latin Cistercium) in Burgundy, founded by Robert of Molesme in 1098, and it quickly spread also in Italy where the Abbeys of Fossanova, Casamari, Tre Fontane, and Chiaravalle are still well-known.

From the end of the 15th century to the early decades of the 16th, its history is bound to the Church of Saint John the Evangelist of the Augustinians from Bologna, located in Orvieto. In 1469 the Monastery was downgraded to a commandery in favour of the noble Enrico Monaldeschi, who renounced it in favour of the Canons Regular of the Lateran through the act approved by Pope Leo X with a bull dated January 8th, 1517. In 1563 the leader of the church of the suburb passed from the Canons Regular to the secular clergy.

In 1676 the canons sold the property of San Pietro Acquaeortus to Cardinal Bonelli, and from him it passed to the Sinibaldi family, and then to marquise Girolamo Antinori, with the exception of a “small working plot with a house and a church” that was left to the parish.

Between 1768 and 1775 Nicola Antinori sold the plots to Francesco Costarelli, who transmitted them to his descendants. In 1844 the estate of Saint Peter was purchased by the canon Giovanni Napoleoni from Orvieto and then inherited by Luigi Napoleoni and his sons Giovanni and Paolo who administered it until the early decades of the 20th century.

Between the last decades of the 19th century and the early 20th century the municipalities of Allerona and Fabro provided the suburb with essential facilities like the road, the school and the cemetery, so that the small community, along with the ensemble of the surrounding farmhouses, maintained a stable population of around two hundred inhabitants.

Between the two World Wars, the life of the suburb was tightly connected with Allerona, where the municipality stands. From the 50’s in the 20th century, the beginning of urbanization, which gradually took manpower away from the countryside to industries and services located in larger cities, did not spare this suburb, that according to the census of 1961 already counted only 113 inhabitants, who were almost disappeared at the end of the 70’s.

The suburb is located in the northern part of the territory of Orvieto, between northern Latium and the southern part of the territory of Siena. Such a location allows to quickly reach tourist destinations of great interest: in Tuscany, the thermal station of San Casciano dei Bagni, the Val d’Orcia and the medieval pearls of Maremma Toscana (Pitigliano, Sorano, and Sovana); in Latium, the lake of Bolsena, Viterbo and the Viterban Tuscia; in Umbria, the suburb is very close to Orvieto, with its Cathedral as the most magnificent jewel. Perugia, Assisi, Città della Pieve, and the lake Trasimeno with its medieval villages, are also easy to reach.

Features

Type

Old town with historic houses

Conditions

Fully restored

Location

In the countryside

Size

Sq 3380.00 (gross)
Sq 2420.00 (usable area)

Features

Old stone and brick building with wooden beams and ceilings “Cotto” tiles. Pedestrians and cobbled squares (stones and bricks)

Appendices

The relevance of services (restaurant, kitchen, conference room, common rooms, relaxing gym, health club, tavern / wine bar), outdoor public areas, outdoor pool, spa with indoor pool with sea water

Service facilities

Power grid, telephone network, drinking water, ADSL

Gas

G.P.L.

Heating

Radiators (floor)

Garden

Yes

Access

Excellent (municipal road and driveway)

Land

4.5 hectares (with park and forest)

General Information

Country

Italia

State

Umbria

City

Allerona

Closest cities

Terni (90 Km.)
Orvieto (Km.3)
Todi (Km.53)
Siena (Km.116)
San Casciano dei Bagni (Km.18)
Chianciano Terme (Km.50)
Montepulciano (Km.61)
Chiusi (Km.44)
Narni (Km.78)
Lago di Bolsena – Bolsena (Km.36)
Spoleto (116 Km.)
Assisi (Km.107)
Perugia (Km.76)
Roma (Km.139)
Firenze (Km.165)

Nearest airports

Perugia “S. Francesco “(Km.95)
Roma “Fiumicino” (Km.164)
Roma “Ciampino” (Km.150)
Firenze “A. Vespucci” (Km.175)
Ancona “Falconara” (Km.206)
Rimini “F. Fellini” (Km.265)
Bologna “G. Marconi” (Km.260)


share